Looking forward to 2011, I have quite a few goals related to my blog, gaming, and other hobbies.
I feel like I’ve done a good job with the blog over the past few months, so I want to make sure that I maintain that momentum throughout this year.
- Continue to publish 2-3 posts each week
- Finish my series of Gamma World archetype origins
- Finish my series on cinematic combat in D&D 4E
Play Lots of Games
While I generally want to play as many games as possible, I have a few specific gaming goals that I hope to get to during this year.
- Bring my current D&D campaign to a good conclusion
- Run a Star Wars Saga Edition mini-campaign
- Run a BattleTech mini-campaign
- Run or play more non-d20 system games
Work on Sword of Terra
I’ve really enjoyed working on Sword of Terra, but there is still a lot of work to do before I consider it a finished game. I don’t expect to finish this year, but I do aim to complete the following:
- Write a second playtest version of Sword of Terra that incorporates feedback from playtesting and adds some more options like boarding actions
- Find an artist or two willing to do ship illustrations and faction symbols for the game (if you’re interested or know someone who would be, let me know.)
Start Painting Miniatures Again
I haven’t painted any miniatures since graduating from high school almost a decade ago, but I’d like to get set up for painting again and find time to paint at least a few miniatures.
Read More Comics
I never really read comics as a kid, but with webcomics as a gateway drug, I’ve started to really appreciate them. I’ve started reading some Star Wars comics (the Knights of the Old Republic series), and I’d like to find more to read this year. If anyone has suggestions for good comics to read, let me know (especially if you can give me a pointer on a good Avengers comic to start with).